Bechtel Hiring Process Engineer – BSc Chemical Engineering
They are looking for a process engineer with experience in refining, LNG or petrochemicals. The engineer should understand the key process concepts. Should be familiar with standard process deliverables such as design basis, H&MB, PFDs, equipment and instrument datasheets process descriptions, P&IDs, LDTs etc and would be comfortable both originating as well as checking these documents.
Simulation experience is desirable. The candidate should have worked in project teams carrying out basic and detailed engineering for the execution of projects on various modes of execution. The engineer will utilize Bechtel procedures and work processes along with a sound Process understanding of Process design principles to develop project deliverables. The engineer will drive for quality of deliverables and minimize rework through the application of quality absolutes while working independently and as part of a team. This position is based in Gurgaon/Vadodara, India
Job Title: Engineer – Process
Requisition ID: 248681
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 4 -12 years of experience in Process Design & Engineering for Refineries, LNG Plants, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Desalination, Oil & Gas.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience on Complex Hydraulics, P&ID development, LDT preparation, Simulation, equipment, and instrument datasheets, Process description, DPDT, Control Narratives
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Executes process deliverables according to a set engineering design criterion utilizing approved engineering procedures, practices, and codes and standards.
Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects with minimal technical oversight.
- Apply basic chemical engineering principles of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics in process design.
- Conversant in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design.
- Experienced in the process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
- Develop process engineering deliverables such as BFDs, PFDs, H&MBs, Equipment
- Datasheets, Utility Summaries and other process deliverables required for the facility design.
- Develop and check Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), from preliminary drawings to issue for construction
- Develop and check Line Designation Tables (line lists with process and mechanical design conditions captured)
- Perform and check hydraulic calculations – for pumps, compressors, control valves, and line sizing
- Develop and check Design Pressure and Temperature Diagrams (DPDTs) including assessing and finding piping systems design conditions
- Participate in Plot Plan, 3D Model and P&ID Reviews
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/14/2022